A company's income statement can be used to analyze the company's performance during a specific period of time. Income statements typically include the following items:
- Revenue from sales of the company's products or services
- Operational expenses such as expenses for materials, services and products which has been bought and consumed by the company to produce its products and services.
- Other operational expenses such as premises, travel expenses, marketing.
- Employee expenses including taxes.
- Depreciation on fixed assets (if a company buys a machine for SEK 50,000 and expects to use it during a five year period, the depreciation on that machine will be SEK 10,000 per year).
- Interest payments on loans
- Company tax