We knock out some of the risks related to investing in unlisted growth companies and make it easier to access and invest in promising businesses. The investments process works as follows:
1. Join the platform by creating an account with your e-mail address or by using your Facebook or LinkedIn account.
2. Browse, explore and review investment opportunities. On each company page, you can learn more about the company's business idea, market, financials and etc. We have verified all factual statements such as market size, patents and customer testimonials. In the Deal Room for each company, you will find a report on the outcomes of the legal review performed by Sciety in collaboration with Serendipity Professionals. You will also find the legal documents relating to the investment opportunity.
3. Learn more. On each company page, you can ask questions and read answers on questions posted by other members. You can also make comments to share your view with other investors and read updates from the entrepreneurs. Budgets and business plans are available upon request and you are more than welcome to contact us if you want a personal meeting with the team.
5. Invest. Simply select how many shares you want to buy and accept the agreements relating to your investment. All agreements have been worked out by Sciety in collaboration with the companies. The purpose of the agreements is to strenghten your rights during the investment process and as a shareholder as well as to ensure that the company can be managed efficiently.
6. Pay securely by bankgiro to our bank account dedicated for client money. The payment instructions will be sent to you by e-mail after you have completed your investment. Your money will be held at our our dedicated account for client money until the funding round is successful. We have strict internal routines to ensure that your money is safe with us and we are authorised by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority to handle client money.
7. Follow up. You will now be able to view the status of your investment on your personal account on the platform. When a company you have invested in has reached its target, it normally takes up to three weeks before we transfer the money to the company. During that period, we complete our legal checks and verify that your share purchase has been recorded in the company's records of shareholdings (the legal proof of your shareholdings). We will then transfer the money to the company you invested in and send you a confirmation.
If the company does not reach its funding target or if we are not satisfied with our final review, we will refund your money to your bank account and all agreements you have signed with regards to the investment will be cancelled.
8. Engage. As a shareholder, you will receive updates from the company and you will also have the right to vote at shareholders' meetings. If you want, you can also use the platform give advise or offer your services to companies you have invested in.
9. Earn money. As a shareholder, you are entitled to a share of the value created by the company. If your investment becomes successful, it will be worth more money than you paid for it. You can realize the value (turn the value of the shares into cash) by receiving dividends from the company or by selling your shares to another investor.